Applications for trimming and editing your videos
There was a time when we had to visit video parlors for getting the copy of our favorite movies and videos, or arranging for video recording of our personal family and friends’ gatherings. With the invention of convenient gadgets like handy cams, phone cameras with recording feature, an online website offering the wonderful collection of movies and videos our lives became much easier. The revolution of social networking took this to another level with people getting addicted to taking selfies, capturing exciting videos and uploading instantly. To make customization and editing of videos more convenient fast and easy there are many free video converters available online. These applications do not require any professional skill set neither any knowledge of various video formats. To understand how to cut video quickly using these applications, here is a stepwise guide for you.
You can explore www.networkworld.com to know more about different software and apps available for video editing, compatible with various operating systems like android, mac, windows, etc.
Video trimming comes as one of the many features of video downloader and converters. Some of the situations in which this feature can be used are when one wants to cut a very long file into small files to save and share, or to edit some unwanted parts from the file to make the video more appealing and sharp. Sometimes you feel like saving certain scenes or portions of a live video or your favorite movie. These applications help you crop a portion and save. Some of the major components in this software are video cutter, video splitter, and video clippers. Let us now learn how to cut, split and trim the edit files without affecting the audiovisual quality.
1. Download and install the recent version of the application on your system.
2. Import the video into the software- Can import click “import” in the main interface, select the file from the disk or just drag and drop the file into the album section of the software. Once we choose a file, the application will read the video information like bitrate and duration and then will start creating a video thumb. Usually, the applications support all types of formats like MP3, MP4, AVI, JPEG, MPEG, DAT, MTS, MOD, TOD, etc.
3. Cutting the video- This can be done two ways manually and automatically.
• Manually: Clip the multiple segments of videos you need with setting start and end points. Once all parts are selected, go to the output section and merge all the segments into one file, by adjusting the sequence of the segments using move up and move down button.
• Automatically: Certain applications have an option of ‘scene detection,’ which when selected and applied to a video clip, it separates the video into different scenes, making it easy for you to select the scene which you want to cut, delete or paste.
4. Saving the edited video-clip: While saving the newly created file, you need to select the format you need to save it. Various formats available as an option are MPEG4, QuickTime Movie, MP3, Flash Video, Windows Media Window, etc.
5. Other additional features available are changing the precision value of the video file and optional thump creation feature which in case of a large file can be removed.